Testing IOS 0.4.0, finally

Finally I had some time to perform some test.
The 0.4.0 version is, in my opinion, a HUGE step forward.
Really usable from the UX point of view, I really love to be able to interact by hand trying to get the result i wish instead of laying on full automatism.
It can grow stronger but it simply WORKS for me.
So @abe thank you for the effort, i think you are going in the correct direction.
For the tech part:
NO macro lens this time, I’ve purchased a lovely GS645 MF film rangefinder (6x4.5 frame, as the name suggest), and I’ve used my iPhone freehand, without any support, during the scan.

Here the file from filmlab

don’t mind the blurrines, the picture IS actually a bit out of focus.

this latest update for iOS is pretty good. finally seeing some real progress. attached is my pic. I used my iPad as the light source. is that why if you really zoom in you can see each pixel? like there is a screen in front of it,

Impressed with the current version of Film lab, it feels like a big step forwards!

Love the frame tracking feature, this worked really well for me once the correct frame had been recognised.

I tested with medium format film on a light box and found FilmLab much more useful in this situation compared to 35mm.
It was easy to select the frame (with a few attempts) and save it to the camera roll.
Interesting that I am now seeing strong lines from the Lightbox that I had not noticed before. When I use the same Lightbox with my DSLR I don’t see these lines at all.

Keep up the good work,

Tim.

iPhone SE
A3 LED Lightbox
Kodak Portra 160 - 120 format
Images are straight from the app with no adjustment.

[ This is old, but here it is anyway. Worth comparing to 0.9 and 1.0 ]

Looking good with 0.4.0 – This is my standard test. This FilmLab capture from a screen display of the negative. Color and tone are getting better. These are familiar items (at least in the US) so you can judge. Will try next with the real negative on a lightbox.